- MEET THE ALL-NEW ECHO DOT – Our most popular smart speaker, with new fabric design, and improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- VOICE CONTROL YOUR MUSIC – Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music (coming soon), Spotify, Sirius XM, and others through the improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- BIGGER, BETTER SOUND – For bigger sound, pair with a second Echo Dot (3rd gen) for rich, stereo sound. Fill your home with music with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- READY TO HELP – Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- CONNECT WITH OTHERS – Call and message almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- USE ANOTHER SPEAKER – Connect to your own speakers over Bluetooth or with a 3.5 mm audio cable.
- ALEXA HAS SKILLS – With 50,000+ skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
- VOICE CONTROL YOUR SMART HOME – Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices.
|Our most popular Echo is now even better. With a new speaker and design, Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Alexa, perfect for any room. Just ask for music, news, information, and more. You can also call almost anyone and control compatible smart home devices with your voice.|
|Use your voice to play a song, artist, or genre through Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and others. With compatible Echo devices in different rooms, you can fill your whole home with music. Also listen to Audible, podcasts, radio stations, or pair with Fire TV to voice control movies and entertainment.|
Make your life easier at home. Use your voice to set timers, add items to lists, and create calendar events and reminders. You can also check the news, weather, or traffic. Ask for sports scores, movie showtimes, restaurant hours, or information.
Switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn on the coffee maker on your way to the kitchen, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie—all without lifting a finger.
Control multiple devices with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights at night. Learn more about over 10,000 compatible smart home devices, including lights, thermostats, TVs, and more.
Call almost anyone hands-free using your voice. Use Drop In to instantly connect to another compatible Echo at home or send an announcement across Echo devices, like calling the family for dinner or reminding the kids to go to bed. Plus, now with Skype calling stay in touch with friends and family in over 150 countries.
When you are running low on household essentials, Alexa makes it easy to refill your fridge or replenish your pantry. You can add everything from AA batteries to zucchini noodles to your shopping list, reorder favorite products from Amazon, or ask Alexa the status of your recent orders.
Alexa has more than 50,000 skills and counting. Skills are like apps and help you do more such as playing Jeopardy!, meditating with Headspace, and falling asleep to rain sounds. Create your own personal skills and custom responses with Alexa Skill Blueprints. Just say “Alexa, help me get started with skills.”
New skills are being added all the time. Discover them in the skills section of the Alexa app or visit the skills store.
Compare Echo Devices
|Echo Dot||Echo||Echo Plus|
|Overview||Add Alexa to any room||Room filling sound in various styles||Premium room-filling sound and built-in smart hub|
|Speaker size||1.6″ speaker||2.5″ woofer and 0.6″ tweeter||3″ neodymium woofer and 0.8″ tweeter|
|Dual speakers, powered by Dolby|
|Controls smart home devices|
|Built-in Zigbee smart home hub|
|Line-out with 3.5 mm cable or Bluetooth||Line in or out|
|Free audio calls to US, Mexico, and Canada|
Back to top
|Size||3.9” x 3.9” x 1.7” (99 mm x 99 mm x 43 mm)|
|Weight||10.6 oz. (300 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.|
|Bluetooth connectivity||Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.|
|Audio||Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).|
|System Requirements||Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser. Certain skills and services may require subscription or other fees.|
|Setup Technology||Amazon Wi-Fi simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their Wi-Fi network in a few easy steps. Wi-Fi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter. Learn more|
|Warranty and Service||90-day limited warranty and service. Optional 1-year, 2-year, and 3-year extended warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. Use of Echo Dot is subject to the terms found here.|
|Accessibility Features||The Alexa app and Alexa-enabled products include several features for customers with accessibility needs related to vision, hearing, mobility, and speech. Learn more about Alexa accessibility.|
|Included in the Box||Echo Dot, power adapter (15W), and Quick Start Guide.|
|Generation||Echo Dot 3rd Generation – 2018 release|